Tuesday, October 15, 2013

It Mattereth Not

Abinadi, one of my favorite Prophets from my childhood speaks prophetically in the Book of Mormon, declaring that "it mattereth not whither I go, if it so be that I am saved". My modern favorite Prophet for the time, Joseph Smith, declared: 
    "I will try to be contented with my lot, knowing that God is my friend. In him I shall find comfort. I have given my life into his hands. I am prepared to go at his call. I desire to be with Christ. I count not my life dear to me, only to do his will." 
I will serve in New York, Kendra will go to El Salvador, it mattereth not whither we shall go, as long as we are doing His will. As long as we are accomplishing His work and His glory. I think that I always wanted to serve a foreign mission, and I always imagined myself speaking more Spanish. I imagined more people loving and accepting my message, me, and the Savior. I imagined myself in low living situations, in poor towns, helping and rescuing the people... and yet here I am, in western New York. :)

I'm coming to understand the Lord's will. This is where He has called me to serve, and the Santa Ana mission is where He has called my Sister :D. The worth of souls is great in the sight of God, regardless of language, culture, color, wealth, location, or situation. I am grateful that we have a Father who knows us better than we know ourselves, and that He speaks to Prophets and Apostles who recognize His voice, and send us where we need to be. 

3 comments:

  1. That is really good news Hermana Steel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great attitude and I think that the location you have been called to serve in is perfect for you. I know you are blessing many lives, just as you have blessed mine! I know you are amazing and I pray for you success and your happiness! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagination is the beginning of great things. Keep imagining. Your ancestor, Wilford Woodruff had great success teaching the message of the restored gospel. You have already had great experiences and success. keep it up. I have NO doubt you are where you are supposed to be. Keep dancing!

    ReplyDelete