Monday, January 14, 2013

Ours is Not a Feeble Message


Elder Holland, an Apostle and Witness of Christ in our modern day, said this regarding the spreading of the Gospel:

"Ours is not a feeble message. It is not a fleeting task. It is not hapless; it is not hopeless; it is not to be consigned to the ash heap of history. It is the work of the Almighty God, and it is to change the world. So... I am asking you to leave all this and to go teach and testify, labor and serve loyally...”

I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am assigned to labor in the New York Rochester Mission, and the Hill Cumorah Visitor Center. For those of you unfamiliar with the LDS church, I have assigned this location, and will be spending the next year and a half in that area (beginning on March 20th). Usually, LDS missionaries are not able to update blogs and facebook and other online forms of communication while on their missions, however there is a possibility that I may be able to keep a blog updated when I leave. I've always planned on starting a blog regarding my faith, and now I have an excuse to begin one. 

To all of you who read this, please know one thing. I am not trying to push this religion at any one, but rather I am inviting everyone to find the joy and peace that I have found through this Gospel and religion.

 I love this Church, and I feel honored to have the opportunity to leave all else behind, and serve with everything that is inside of me. I am embarking on this journey because, like Elder Holland said, it is the work of the Almighty God, and it is to change lives. It has already changed mine, and continues to do so for the better each time. I think that everyone deserves to have their lives changed through our Savior Jesus Christ, and His true church on earth today.

I'm nervous, and even more excited, but regardless, my journey is beginning! 


3 comments:

  1. Lyn, you are going to be such a great missionary! This was so well put and it's a great message for all of us. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! So excited for you to change the world... one person at a time.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea to start a blog! You will be a fantastic missionary, Rochester and all of its visitors will be lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete