Saturday, July 27, 2013

Glad tidings from Cumorah!

D&C 128:20 says, "And again, what do we hear? Glad tidings from Cumorah! Moroni, an angel from heaven, declaring the fulfillment of the prophets-the book to be revealed". The Hill Cumorah Pageant has come and left, and Palmyra is back to normal. For 10 days, the Pageant was in full swing, and the crowds were here in the thousands! The Book of Mormon came to life every night as members and guests of others faiths flocked to the Hill Cumorah to see 'America's Witness for Christ'.



The crowning event in the Pageant and the Book of Mormon, is when the Savior comes and ministers to the people, to the "other sheep" of His fold. Leading up to this moment is a great and terrible destruction scene, and the stage goes black. The voice of the character who plays Christ speaks in the the darkness, and then the Savior appears and descends from the air above the stage. He then speaks to the people. 

He proceeds to meet and teach the people, and blesses the children. 


I was overcome with a burning testimony as he walked among these people. He healed, taught, blessed, and showed love unto them. This may have been a simple reenactment of this moment in time, but I know that it isn't just a story that we tell. It's true. Christ lives, and He knows and loves each one of us individually. We didn't have to be in that multitude and have seen His face to know these truths. My testimony of my Savior grew every day as I watched the Hill Cumorah Pageant, and I serve here in this land.

The last moment I was able to enjoy with the cast of the Hill Cumorah Pageant, was Sacrament Meeting at the Study Shelter as the base of the HIll Cumorah. As I was sitting there this past Sunday, I was overwhelmed with gratitude and testimony for my Savior. The Pageant is a powerful witness that Christ lives. He really does know me. As I was taking the Sacrament at the Hill Cumorah, I was enlightened with the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. In Moroni chapter 4 and 5, Moroni writes the words of the sacrament prayers. Where was he sitting when he wrote these words? I'm not exactly sure, but we do know that he buried these words in the Hill on which I was sitting. I could just imagine Moroni, maybe sitting somewhere on the Hill where I was, writing the words of the Sacrament prayers that were being offered 1600 years later in the same place. 

What a testimony, what a witness, what a confirmation to me that this is all true. That this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That the Book of Mormon isn't just another good book. 
Its true. Its a witness that Jesus Christ lives.

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! So fabulous to hear about such a wonderful event! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Book of Mormon is the foundation for gaining a testimony of the Restored Gospel. It is so great to be there and feel the power of the Book of Mormon as it "comes to life". I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister Steel, Your burning testimony of the truth fills my heart.
    My prayers and love
    grandma

    ReplyDelete